I've loved Edge of Glory since the first time I heard it. It never made much sense to me until recently. I met this guy from Melbourne, Australia on his holiday and prep to move here to model with Wilhemina. After our first real meeting, I only wanted to kiss him and be around him. Within a short period of 4 days, he made me his. He had no doubts in his head and it was refreshing because it was mutual.
I was showing him around New York City and at times his friends, also. He appreciated me and I him. When near him, I always felt electricity between us. It was a certain static. I kiss and he takes my breath away every single time! If my heart were to stop, simply the touch of his hand would jumpstart my heart.
We both started to see a trend of Edge of Glory playing at the most random, funky times where it meant something. Aside from it playing nonstop on the radio, it started to play the moment we went somewhere, turned on the radio, shuffled music on the iPod, even at nightclubs. The craziest of all is when he left for Miami and I thought he wasn't coming back to NYC- Edge of Glory wa playing on my radio here and in the lobby of his hotel down there. We both feel the song and we get how it applies to us and our passionate romance... It's "Notebook" style romance; fiery and intense- Most of all, it's MUTUAL!
Back in Australia, his father got sick. He wants to make things better with his family that turned their backs on him after his coming out. It's something that he needs to fix for himself and work on things to make his life better and I'm doing the same here in Manhattan. It just so happens that he came back to surprise me for a 4 day span to bid a proper fairwell.
When he arrived, I was so excited that I had dinner planned, his favorite beer in America that I introduced him to, a bubble bath for him to relax in, and many other things that made him see more how much he cares for me and I for him.
For a fantasy reunion for us, I imagine a Ladgy Gaga concert that a contest is won and we are flown from different parts of the world to meet. When Lady Gaga is about to sing Edge of Glory, she asks if there is a Melbourne native in the house named Chris. I'm pretty sure there may be 100 of them in the room, but then she would have me come out and she would say, "Is there one of you that is on the edge of glory with him?" and from there she sings the Hell out of the song and let's us have our moment. To me that would make part of my new dreams transform into a reality. Love is something that you go to lengths for when you're on the edge. In modern day society, it's hard to find that burning inside that makes you want to fly. We once said, "This sort of thing only happens in the movies, how can it be real?" The answer is: movies are based off of some form of reality.
He made me grow and become more in 3 weeks. He made me feel like my heart would pound out of my chest and still does even though he's gone. I can tell you... I'm on the EDGE!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment