In mid-July I was in my normal party mood, ready to take over the town and paint it any color I saw fit. I headed to Splash Bar NYC (http://www.splashbar.com/)for Campus Thursdays to turn out the dancefloor... In fact, that's just what I did. At somepoint I stopped remember much, so I took a break to have myself a cigarette. I have the most vague recollection of a guy approaching me, "I like your leggings, but you should get them in gold... I think I want a pair." With a cunty response from me, he walked away.
I woke up the next morning with Facebook flooded with pictures of me on stage dancing with Meg Live! in my androgynous outfit, looking completely fierce. I proceeded to check my phone and I had six texts from friends about the events of the previous evening, or early morning... however you look at it. How messed up was I?
I moved onto my next step of my wake-up process- GRINDR (http://twitter.com/#!/Grindr) and I saw this devilishly, handsome guy that called himself "aussieboy" or something along those lines. Anyway, I started chatting to him because part of his profile read 'looking for a drinking buddy' and I am a fantaastic drinking buddy, party friend. We chatted back and forth and set a place and time to meet.
We met at Elmo (http://www.elmorestaurant.com/), where I worked at the time. I walked in and saw this tall, gorgeous guy so instead of walking straight over to him, I talked to my coworker/friends first. I was impossibly nervous, but I had to sit down, right? I sat down and introduced myself, but why did he look familiar? Then he said, "You were that kid in the heels and red leggins at Splash last night, yeah?" "that's me! oh no.." It was the 'GOLD LAME LEGGINGS' guy!!! I kept my cool; though, more anxious now, especially because of his sexy accent! What was I supposed to say next?
He started up the conversation and we talk for around two minutes and then right away, I spoke up, "Let's do this... We each get five minutes to tell our life stories, I'll go first. Time me." Within those five minutes I gave everything I had from past relationships to life promblems, to happy moments and beyond. He did the same.
I was only looking for a friend out of him at this point, then the tables turned... Now, I wanted to kiss him. He had to leave to catch a taxi to pic up his friend from the airport. We agreed to meet later at G Lounge (http://glounge.com/) when I was working if he could convince his straight buds. True story, within a few minutes we were texting each other and I remember explain how I couldn't guage our interaction until he finally texted me back, "I was moments away from reaching across the table for a kiss." I was sold.
Later that night, him and his friends ended up showing up. We had a blast together.I was craving a kiss, but he ended up being a complete traditional gentleman. He refused kissing me right away. Then another day passed and we saw each other, no kiss, but we were holding hands. He would come to Elmo and get a beer as I was getting off of work, then we'd leave together. Then it was Sunday... I had to work the dinner shift, so he came in and had a drink, then he joined my friends Langley and Tommy to hit up the Maritime Cabanas for the Sunday Funday afternoon parties. Langley and Chris (my aussie boy) got along so well.
Later that night, Chris and his friend Amanda met us at Elmo with langley so we could go to Barracuda (http://twitter.com/#!/BarracudaLounge) to see my dear friend, Sherry Vine's (http://twitter.com/#!/search/sherry%20vine) show. It was funny and everyone loved it. When it was finished, Chris and I journeyed outside to have a smoke. He grabbed my hand and we walked half a block.
I remember a light against a white, brick wall that was plain and a background setting for him to gently shove me against a wall and confidently he said, "Now I'm going to kiss you!" As his lips touched mine I felt jolts of electricity serging through my mouth to my brain, into my neck and down my spine. It didn't stop there; I felt it in my hands and finger tips until my arms were around his shoulders and fingers trhough his hair, his arms around my back. This jolt, ended up being an energy source from just a kiss. I couldn't feel my feet as if i were floating, and then he released. "WOW!" we both said and stood back in shock for a moment until we continued supplying the air with an electrical storm. I remember it bringing slight tears to my eyes. I foudn it, the spark.
We walked back in to our friends, and I realized something changed. No one else in the room that was staring at us somehow didn't matter anymore. The next day, we hungout and now we could kiss, but we didn't want something like sex to just ruin us. We held off. I continued showing him around NYC with his friends. I had already showed them some great oyster place in the West Village called Fish (http://www.fishrestaurantnyc.com/), and some cool bars. I even told him and his one friend, Rob about Pier 45 (http://newyork.timeout.com/%5Btimeout-url-channel%5D/%5Btimeout-url-section%5D/119542/hudson-river-park-at-pier-45). We ended up going to Barracuda again that evening for Peppermint's (http://twitter.com/#!/Peppermint247) show. There was a moment when we were sitting on the couch holding hands and he asked me, "do you think this is too perfect?" and he had a nervous shutter in his vocie... "No Chris, It is only too perfect if you believe it's not deep down, I think we are just right," or something along those lines... I have the cheesiest things that I say, but they somehow make sense. I remember a guy flirting with him and he said I was his boyfriend, but only because he wanted him to go away. It still made me feel really good. Not too long after, we said goodnight and were texting each other non-stop, until we fell asleep.
On Tuesday, I felt even stronger and just wanted him. SO I worked the lunch shift at Elmo and he came in and ate and had a beer at the end of it and we left together to hangout. I remember it being a beautiful, but scortching hot day. We did our normal thing and then he went to hangout with his friends. He wanted to see me even more now because for the first night, we may have not been able to see each other because he was with his straight friends at a straight bar. We kept texting back and forth that we wanted to see each other, but I told him his friends were in town only a short time longer and to hang out with them. It wasn't happeneing, I realizEd He when he said he was on his way and the Aussie gang walked into Barracuda on their Karaoke Night and the conversation quickly got intense when he pulled me aside. I remember thinking he was crazy because he believeed he was cramping my style and that he thought we should just stay drinking buddies because his feelings were growing for me and how he saw me as his, but he knew that wasn't the truth... Then in an instant, after explaining to him that I wanted him and was afraid he didn't, it happened... He kissed me and we were together.
This time when he kissed me, the walls lifted, people seemed to disappear and the floor lifted, we were soaring! I knew the stars were around me because so were his arms. My body tingled, hands shuttering, eyes closed, heart in his hands... I grew warmer, now... his scent filling my soul and I was his. It was an intense passion that changed who I was and still am.
The next Day I found myself walking cross-town to his place. We cuddled for a while. I started kissing him and he kissed me... Were we going to make love? I remember him being over me and kissing me and my legs wrapped and I nibbled on him and we were one being.. He was the nicest sweetest guy ever and I just remember wanting him more and more. I even had to RUN home in a DOWN POUR of rain, but it was worth it.
Over the few weeks we had fun drinking, partying, going to various restaurants, journeying around the city and enjoying our downtime together. His last Friday here, I was having allergic reactions to the heat and season and had to leave work. he still planned this amazing after date for us. I ended up being too sleepy because of allergy meds, but I have never had someone be so creative and romantic that I burst into tears and couldn't stop.
That's All!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment