Saturday, November 26, 2011

Craving the Big Apple

I am sitting at a computer desk with this computer sitting in front of me trying to think of something to write about. I think it just hit me. Why am I going to attempt pulling passion from nowhere? What am I feeling at this very moment? I miss the "city that never sleeps."
I miss the lights that pollute the sky so we can't see the stars at night. I miss how they glimmer from miles away and from fifty blocks, you can see Times Square as if you in the heart of it. I miss the times of sitting dead center and looking up and around at night when I was upset, remembering just how lucky I am to be a part of this city. The smell of burnt nuts on carts with people struggling to keep their working papers. the clutter that New Yorkers hate to push through because the clutter are just slow paced tourists.
I miss walking through the Gayborhood (Chelsea) and being stopped every twenty steps by another person that I know and have a five minute conversation. I miss my friends and I getting trashed. and walking five steps home from Barracuda. I can see myself on my old stoop smoking a cigarette and people watching as I think, "How did I get this lucky?" I just see my friends going out and about we end up in a large group heading to dance, tear up that floor.
I raise Hell in Hells Kitchen with my friends mostly only on Wednesday nights. We start at the Ritz and work our way to Industry and terrorize anyone that gets in the way. I can taste the $4 Frozen Margaritas at Mother Burger and the burgers and guacamole. I see the people in the courtyard plaza, some romancing, some sobering up. It's perfect.
I can feel the city in me when I am away. I can hear it calling me and like a magnet, the pull is forcing me back. My friends are messaging me that they miss me. My party being set up. I'm craving NYC back in my life.
Out West things are so simple, but are so complicated because everyone is caught in a state of boredom that they need to start drama. It's a simple lifestyle that builds to become overboard. I can't wait to be back in a city that never sleeps, so I will be forced to stay awake.

NYC better be ready for me to return with open arms, streets, and minds. I will be back as a new person with a fire to stay and fight until I make it. I am not made for a simple life. I am made for LIFE!!!

That's All!

No comments:

Post a Comment