Sunday, January 2, 2011

OFF TO A NEW DECADE/ BEGINNING

A person should never wait for a new year to make things happen for themselves, but unfortunately people do put a date on things. Each day for me has become nothing short of a learning experience. 2010 is g0ne and 2011 is beginning. Now I have to make things happen.
Last year (not even a complete two days ago) was a long road and had some huge bumps, twists and turns. Everything is preparing me for the next step. I am on my waiting for the road to actually smooth out. With all the love, drama, smiling, crying, dancing, and things that shock everyone; I really grew to be ready for what this new decade may have to offer.
I started off 2010 with a job dancing at Splash, and was actually making VERY decent money. People turned their heads to me drinking because I am fun when I drink, for the most part. I started working the VIP rope and was the shot boy and working the door with wristbands and passing out flyers. I was a regular there and working 6 nights a week after I started working in store/ bathroom security. I finally Eventually, I started working at this scratch kitchen, Italian restaurant that is AMAZING called il Buco located just two blocks north of Houston Street. I was their reservationist, stuck in the cellar where the office was and it got very boring and long, so I went in search of a new job. I got hired at Cafeteria as a host. It was fun while it lasted, and quite honestly I wouldn't mind going back. Now, I'm working the door at G every Friday, gogo dancing here and there for certain parties, getting other gigs and they are loads of fun!
As far as my dream goes, I started finally dancing again over the summer with a performance at Dixon Place in the Lower East Side. My first performance went pretty well actually. I have had so many little jobs with Sherry Vine and Peppermint; such as, Sherry's three parody videos- "You're a Homo", "Make Me Moan", and "Firecrotch". I danced in 3 other music videos, was a featured extra in a film. I have definitely made my connections through these jobs. I have tons of things coming up soon too!

Everyone wants to know about the love life because it may just be the most interesting part of life, to say the least. At the beginning of the year I was single. At the end of January I started dating someone... I don't know if we should get into names, but he's a great friend, not so good with the dating side. We broke up the day after Valentine's Day. There was a little break between any other guys until I FINALLY started hanging out with this guy that I really liked for a while. The guy makes love... he doesn't just F*@k .. HE MAKES LOVE! He was so passionate, and at the time he wasn't ready for a boyfriend with summer quickly approaching. I was upset because I felt perfect with him. As the summer moved forward he began dating his roommate.
I have been on more dates to last me a lifetime! I dated many guys and had my fair share of sex in 2010. A few weeks before PRIDE I actually met who would come to prove now as someone who is actually very special. At first it was sexual attraction, then he moved and visits NYC from time to time and things suck because we do like each other. When reality sets in and you see that there is so much distance... we'll see what 2011 brings!
There are other guys in NYC that I have been dating and seeing, but none of them compare to how I feel when I'm around him. I just have to learn to control myself... There is one guy that I like that lives on the UES and I met him at Pieces during drag bingo,,, definitely sineibe that I like. All around though... I have my eyes set on one guy.

My goals are to start making more money, be successful in dance, meeting the man of my dreams, it's always the same for everyone... although, I want to get my name out there more! I want to be more well known. Different cities, states, countries. It's not naive, it could happen!

Happy New Year

That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment