Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bad Girls Or Bad Gays?

When I first arrived in Reno, I was scared that going out wouldn't be interesting enough for me. There's no place like NYC to me, and many would agree with me. I was around a group of new people with Reno Dance Company. I didn't know any gays other than my sister, Pedro. I was quick to learn that things could definitely get plenty interesting.

My first Friday in town the company was having a fundraiser in the form of a Wine Tasting. Pedro and I were ready to get crazy, New York City style. How else would we do it? As we were pouring little tastings for the event attendees, I would take a glass for myself. It was important that I knew which wines were good, right? I was partnered with this sweet Filipino girl named Abba. Lesa, the director, separated Pedro and I because she knew we'd get into trouble (FYI, Lesa's amazing). I met all of the company members that night and even made some new friends.

It started to grow closer to the time where Pedro and I were to head to Tronix, the popular gay place on Friday nights. We ran to the car and changed before leaving the country club. We were ready to party. As soon as we pulled into the back parking lot of Tronix, We popped a bottle of sparkling white wine from the tasting in the car as his friend Brit and his boyfriend joined in the backseat to chug before entering Club Tronix. Now, feeling more tipsy, it was was time to head in.

Natasia from Bad Girls Club was a special guest that night. Pedro, a major fan of the show was bouncing off the walls about this. We got drink tickets from the promoter named Brian. after those were gone, we had guys buying us drinks left and right. "sister, here's a shot of Jager," as Pedro ran to me with that dark, sweet, mind-shattering, wonderful bit of alcohol. We were drinking the night away.

Later that night, when Natasia finally made her appearance, Pedro was ECSTATIC. I was enjoying her plenty, too. I just remember him disappearing to the other side of the bar and I was going wild dancing. We ended up meeting this hott, muscular guy. Yeah, he smelled a little too "musky" for my liking, but he was hott... Then we found out the worst news of all, he was a FELLOW BOTTOM!!!! We were devastated. Like every go-go boy from NYC, past or present, we found ourselves in our underwear doing a team effort pole dance to "S&M" by Rihanna feat. Britney. I had got the DJ to clear the stage and announce us and the crowd went NUTS!!! Our bendy bodies around that pole like magnets, taking turns as I was Rihanna and he was Britney.

Maybe thirty minutes had passed and Natasia was back out signing autographs and taking pictures with her fans. Then it happened, I was pushed by a random bystander. I told him that I was waiting there in line to get a photo with her and Pedro, who was at the bar doing a shot. It turns out that this thin, piece-of-shit thought that he owned Reno. Quickly, I assured that I am a gay from NYC and he may want to not start a problem with me. Then his girl friend decided to get involved with a, "do you value life?" And then Pedro came back and got in their faces with me. He walked away for another minute. The kid and I suddenly were friendly. Pedro came back steaming and wondered what the fuck changed. Honestly, I don't remember, but funny enough the kid was underage and pulled a bottle of Goose out of his bag. I could only laugh! "yeah, you own Reno for sure kid!"

Oh Reno...

That's All!

No comments:

Post a Comment