I started performing at the J.A. Nugget on Saturday. We did a matinee and night performance. I am so happy that my friend Brian said he would come. It really is what made half of my weekend so BRILLIANT. The other half is all about Reno Dance Company.
Saturday Morning, I awoke after staying out until 4AM gambling and having fun. I went to the Showroom at the J.A. Nugget after spending time waking up and getting ready. I don't know why I decided to tire myself out, but I did. I was on time and ready to dance either way. We did our warm-up and I preset my costumes backstage for my quick change from Party Scene to Battle Scene. I ran to Starbucks with a few of the company members before the house opened and we chatted and such before getting dressed. Our Matinee turned out to be a pretty great show, but the audience was dead. My friend came to see the early show to show some support, so I quickly greeted him before heading to get dressed for our dinner break.
Candy, Sloan, Pedro and I hopped in Candy's car and we went back to South Reno to eat quick. I decided that I need a quick rinse in the shower, too. C'mon, Mack Daddy was coming to the performance that night... I had to be fresh. Brian is a good friend of mine that we used to have this amazing sexual chemistry and even just a strong connection. Unfortunately, he was late so we couldn't get coffee before the show. I just remember getting nervous, though. I wanted to say, "hi" before him seeing me dance. I didn't get the chance.
All of Act I I was anxious, I didn't know where he was sitting or anything. During Intermission is when I was texting him. I requested a picture from his seat facing the stage. He was right in the middle. I couldn't help not looking in that direction for the rest of the show. After an amazing show with an amazing, thunderous audience, I was ready to see him. I pretty much ran out into the audience. He had flowers and a hug and a big kiss on the lips. I love Mack Daddy. He's a sweet guy, but not relationship material.
I went and got dressed and my friend Donald and I went to meet Mack Daddy and his friend Kyle at the bar outside the Showroom. Mack Daddy ended up buying a drink for me and shots for all of my friends and me. Within twenty minutes, he met about half of the cast. It was sweet. Donald, being straight and cool, decided to come to a gay bar with us. Just on our way out, I was saying, "goodbye" to someone in the company that found it important to tell me that I was on thin ice... "Worry about yourself." I realized this one dancer is super miserable, or just not a nice person. She had no right to say ANYTHING of that nature to me. She fell on stage. I was holding my own and had plenty of compliments from random audience members. It was gratifying.
The four of us arrived at Five Star ready to drink more. I needed to let loose a little after staying in for about a month. I even pole danced in my underwear. Kyle, Mack Daddy's friend was a little on the insecure, jealous side. He said many things to me that flattered me, though. He told me that he wished he could be me. He thought that my life seemed so easy. It's not, but it was nice hearing that he admired my good energy, etc...
I promised Mack Daddy there would be no drama that night, and there wasn't. I had a blast! Donald had a blast, too! It was nice to see a familiar face, meet someone new, and bond with my cast member. I do have to say that it was nice getting the attention from Mack Daddy and his friend. It definitely boosted my confidence a lot. At least I know I am going down the right path to make it. If my friends see the determination, then I'm not alone!
That's All!
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment