People have a passion, they have an outlet to release emotions, show their talent, be who they want to be. It's a place they escape to where they feel invincible. Insecurities be damned because this place is solace and no one can take that away.
When I dance, I feel free and invincible. Nothing can penetrate my passion as if I had a force field protecting my release. I feel people watching me, yet I am alone on the dancefloor. I can only see me, be me, feel me. Getting back into ballet has been one of the most difficult thing after a few years. I felt every insecurity pressing me to the ground. You may as well have buried me six-feet under. Somehow, I decided it was time to step it up and I dug myself out to work my ass off.
When those stage lights are on me, it's a glow... Not because the lights are hot, but because I am me again. I feel wholesome and innocent on stage. I'm not judged nor am I constricted to reality. I am a super hero that has no kryptonite, except maybe too much tequila. My life is literally a scene from Billy Elliot in the sense that I want to break free dancing every single moment that I feel a large rush of emotions. I break free, let loose, I'm me.
Now, I see dancing as just fun and my love, so why am I going to hold back any longer. I am capable of much more and being something greater. Why do people call me the dancer? They don't call me 'the dancer' because I play football. I'm ready to make it.
That's All!
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment